We use a number of books in our learning as ‘spines’. Just as the name ‘Spine’ implies, These books are what keeps everything connected and together. They help to bring order and flow to our learning as well as provide a backbone for it all.
These books are what we read and then springboard from in order to read, explore, and learn more about the given topic. They are the glue that holds everything together. Most spines we read from cover to cover, while the occasional one we just pick and choose what is relevant to our desired learning.
Regardless we believe that all our ‘spines’ are engaging, informative and well worth adding to any bookshelf. So if you have not ready got them on your shelf yet, why not check them out.
- The Usborne Encyclopaedia of World History
- The Story of the World – Ancient History
- The Illustrated Children’s Encyclopedia of the Ancient World
- The Encyclopaedia of Aboriginal Australia Volume 1 & Volume 2
- Australian Dreaming
- Illustrated History of Australia
- Manning Clark’s History of Australia
Science – Biology
Human Body –
- Green Thumbs
- Still deciding on another spine to use.
The Arts –